Good Evening RoboRebels!
The build season has taken off and things are going well with our design concepts. This week we are focusing on prototyping our basic design concepts for each area of the robot and progress is being made in all areas.
In the upcoming weeks we will continue our Tuesday-Thursday, 6-9pm and Saturday 1-9pm practice schedule. Although there are 2 sessions on Saturdays, 1-5 and 5-9pm, your son/daughter is welcome to spend the entire afternoon and evening with us. Dinner will be served for those that are committed to staying through the afternoon and into the evening. An email will be forthcoming from Cathy Lipson asking for parent sign-ups for dinner in the coming weeks.
We are planning on having a Parent’s Meeting on Thursday, January 29 @Plimpton from 7-8pm to get everyone prepared for the upcoming competition season. For now, please mark you calendar with the following competition dates :
- 2/14 – Week Zero – Merrimack, NH – 1 Day 7am – 5pm
- 3/7 & 3/8 - Reading Event – Reading, MA – 2 DAy, 1 night*
- 3/21 & 3/22 – Bryant Event - Smithfield, RI – 2 DAy, 1 night*
- 3/27 & 3/28 – Northeastern Event (Waitlisted currently) – Boston, Ma. – 2 Day – Commute Only
- 4/8 to 4/11 – New England Regional Championship (Tentative based on wins) – WPI; Worcester Ma. – 3 Day – 2 Nights*
- 4/22 to 4/26 – First Championships (Waitlisted and tentative based on wins) – St. Louis, Mo. – 5-6 days – 4-5 nights
(*Those students who have been consistently attending the robotics meetings and have made it there priority to be on the ‘team’will be invited to spend the night with the team and go to the championship. Those students who have committed only on a club level (missed a number of practices due to participation in other activities) will be invited to commute in with a parent.)
Please note that Northeastern, New England Championship and FRC Championship are all tentative based on spots opening and a winning record this season. Based on many previous seasons, we have almost always found our way into both Northeastern and the New England Championship.